Le Tour de France 2011Posted: 07/01/2011
The Biggest sporting event is about to start. It is going to be another exciting three weeks to follow.
Please do not talk to cyclist for the next three weeks. We are mentally riding 3430.5km the riders.
Running from Saturday July 2nd to Sunday July 24th 2011, the 98th Tour de France will be made up of 21 stages and will cover a total distance of 3,430.5 kilometres.
These stages have the following profiles:
- 10 flat stages,
- 6 mountain stages and 4 summit finishes,
- 3 medium mountain stages,
- 1 individual time-trial stage (42.5 km).
- 1 team time-trial stage (23 km).
Distinctive aspects of the race
- le Galibier climbed twice,
- 2 rest days,
- 23 level 2, 1 or highest level mountain passes or summit finishes,
- no bonuses will be awarded during the intermediate sprints and stage finishes.